Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm Not A Marble

I'm not a marble. Though I may seem marbled and quick to deflect, I am, as yet, not a marble. I'm not a steely nor a Montana Ute, nor a Mississippi Red. Yes, I lack a certian firmness. I'm not particularly spherical either. I've neither been to Mississippi nor Montana, and I'm not real sure what a ute is. Rest me on your fore finger and flick me with your thumb. I think you'll find the results quite unsatisfactory. Savory, maybe, but lacking in satisfaction. I may not squish much more than a marble, and I may turn funny colors, but I roll only so well.

A marble is many things. It's shiny and very hard. It's a perfect sphere. When hit with another marble, it makes a neat clack, a nice clean "clack". When it rolls, it does so gracefully, smoothly, like a Newtonian ballet. You see, I don't do these things. Not for lack of want, though. If there were a class, I'd take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment